Finding and buying Siberian Husky puppies for sale in NC are done by many people these days. They love to have this dog breed as their pet because Siberian Husky is totally adorable. Besides being adorable, this wolf-like dog is just great as companion. As the result, the demand for Siberian Husky puppies are high all over the state.
If you want to adopt or buy Siberian Husky puppies, there are several things that you need to know. Below are some of them.
- Understanding the Nature of Siberian Husky
Understanding the nature of Siberian Husky is important if this is the first time for you to have this breed of dog. Even though all dogs are basically the same: cute and loyal, there are several special things that you need to understand about the Siberian Husky. Understanding their nature well, you will not get shocked when you take care of your new pet.
- They are loyal. Yes, it is believed that Siberian Husky is one of the best family dogs and one of the most loyal as well. This breed of dog is highly trainable and intelligent so that they can be trained easily to accompany you while hiking, walking, or doing many other activities. Basically, they love people and that is why they are such amazing companions.
- They are friendly. Siberian Husky is extremely friendly, even to strangers. That is why actually Siberian Husky is not suitable to be used as watchdogs. Instead of barking to strangers, they will come to the strangers in friendly manner. This breed of dog just tends to like everyone.
- They have predatory instinct. Being the “cousin” of the wolves, Siberian Husky has quite high predatory instinct. It means that you should not think that it is strange when your dog chase small animals, especially cats, around the house widely. This is why if you have other pets at home such as cats, hamster, or canary, you better choose other breeds of dog.
- They love digging. If you have issues with pet digging the ground on the yard, Siberian Husky may not be a great breed of dog for you. Even as puppies, Siberian Husky already has that digging instict, making them running around the yard and start digging randomly.
- They need exercise. Siberian Husky puppies for sale in NC area usually cute and small. However, you need to understand that as they grow up, they need a lot of physical activity to stay healthy. Make sure that you provide them with enough exercise such as walking and running. If you think that you are not committed to this high demand of physical activity, choose other breeds other than the Siberian Husky.
- Understanding Common Health Problems with Siberian Husky Puppies
Buying a Siberian Husky puppies cannot be done in a rush. It is because you have to prepare many things, including understanding the common health with Siberian Husky puppies so that you will end up with a good and healthy puppy. Generally, Siberian Husky puppies are healthy. However, this breed is quite prone to several genetic health problems that may need costly treatments in the future. Several of the genetic health problems that are common to be found in Siberian Husky are:
- Hip Dysplasia. This health condition often found in Siberian Husky puppies. This is the condition where the thighbone does not fit into the hip socket properly. As the result, the dog will not be able to run freely. Surgery becomes one of the solutions to this health problem. This is quite costly. That is why you need to check the health certificate of the puppy that you are about to adopt. If the parents of the puppy have history or records of hip dysplasia, the chance of the puppy has the same condition is quite high. Make sure you do know how to handle the situation.
- Eye Problems. Many cases of eye problems happen to Siberian Husky puppies. Even at young age (below 2 years old), Siberian Husky puppies can have severe eye problems such as corneal dystrophy and also cataracts. These problems can be solved by performing surgery. However, if you do not treat the eye problems well, blindness can be the most dreadful result.
Most of the health problems in Siberian Husky puppies are genetic. That is why when you meet with the breeder of Siberian Husky puppies for sale in NC, make sure that you ask for the background of the puppy, including the health history of the parents. It is important to prevent you from buying a puppy with poor health condition.
- Choosing the Right Breeders
Choosing the right breeders will guarantee you to get a good and healthy Siberian Husky puppy. A good breeder of Siberian Husky puppies for sale in NC is surely going to provide you with good puppy in the end. Good breeders are usually going to meet you first before selling the puppy to you. They do it because they want to make sure that the buyer of their puppies is caring and loving people. They also want to make sure that the puppies end up with good homes. If the breeder that you call wants to meet you first or want to visit your house first before making the sale, it is a good sign. Beside of that, a good breeder is going to provide you with health certificate of the puppy. This certificate is surely going to ensure that the puppy is in a perfect health condition without no harming diseases at all.
Having a puppy, especially for the first time, is not something that you can take for granted. There are so many things that you have to prepare, including yourself. Siberian Husky is a very loyal dog. Make sure you balance the love and loyalty given by the dog with equal love, care, and attention. If you think that you are mentally, financially, and physically ready to have a Siberian Husky, go find and buy Siberian Husky puppies for sale in NC right now.